Friday, December 3, 2010

I left my heart in San Francisco

1854
 Don Gaspar de Portolà arrived on November 2, 1769, the first documented European visit to San Francisco Bay.In March 28, 1776, the Spanish established the Presidio of San Francisco, followed by a mission, Mission San Francisco de Asís. The Gold rush raised the population from 1,000 in 1848 to 25,000 by December 1849. The promise of riches was so strong that crews on arriving deserted and rushed off to the gold fields, leaving behind a forest of masts in San Francisco harbor.  


1906 earthquake 
At 5:12 am on April 18, 1906, a major earthquake struck San Francisco and northern California. As buildings collapsed from the shaking, ruptured gas lines ignited fires that would spread across the city and burn out of control for several days.
1927
1930's liberty hill

The Golden Gate Bridge
1935

1937
 The Construction of the golden gate began on January 5, 1933. The project cost more than $35 million and finished by April 1937, $1.3 million under budget connecting  the San Francisco Peninsula to Marin County. 
2010



The city San francisco no other place like it  in the world to me. It wouldn't be an understatement to say it has been the most amazing place I ever lived, beautiful city filled with beautiful people. Eric Burdon himself said "I wasn't born there perhaps I'll die there there's no place left to go, San Francisco" Scott McKenzie  also wrote a song about the city, not to mention it was the home of the Grateful Dead. Living there changed my life and outlook on a lot of things it made me realize how beautiful life can be.  Aside from the rich history and beautiful people, it has everything you can ever ask for in a city it's so welcoming that you might never wanna leave. Moving back to Los Angeles  wasn't a smart choice but I'm glad to be here with my loved ones but at the same time I now realize how much more amazing that peninsula in northern California is in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment