Thursday, November 18, 2010

Veterans day

But fame is theirs - and future days
On pillar'd brass shall tell their praise;
Shall tell - when cold neglect is dead -
"These for their country fought and bled."
~Philip Freneau


So veterans day fell on a Thursday this november 11th, I  was unable to update my blog due to my dad spending most week in the VA and having his open heart surgery and work along with family issues, But along the way i actually spoke to every veteran i knew and strangers alike in the street to tell em how grateful I was of their accomplishments. Also I couldn't help but take a picture of the what some random  kid in kindergartner wrote to him and how stoked he was about it. He also received a letter from this kid that referred to em as "MR. Veteran", made my dads day along with mine.


along the way i remember  writing this maybe a few days prior to it 




" I don't believe any one is truly free of oppression due to their religious and political views but I do believe that this country does offer you more freedom than any other. Even as I believe that capitalism is a breed of enslavement I'm glad to be in a country were I have the freedom to feel that way and speak of it without any sort of persecution. Wether I decide to wake up and go to work or get drunk all day and sleep on the side of the road, I have the freedom to do as I please. After all it is the land of the free."




just as Elmer Davis said  "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."  

No comments:

Post a Comment